Introducing Taking Part’s Participation production 2021.
In November, we will be filling our theatre with celebratory togetherness and a healthy dose of shade with our Taking Part production Sundown Kiki. Sundown Kiki will bring the world of theatre and ballroom together in an explosive evening of music, dance, walking and partying Directed by Tristan Fynn-Aiduenu, with Creative Direction from Jay Jay Revlon and Sound Design by XANA, Sundown Kiki will be a bold celebration of Queer South London in all its’ glory.
We are working with a group of local LGBTQ+ young people who are Black or from the Global Majority* and a professional creative team to create this bold new performance
Our company of young people will:
- Work with a team of incredible professional artists to explore creative expression in all its’ forms.
- Be part of a unique community of young people who are all interested in exploring aspects of their identity through theatre and performance.
- Have the opportunity to take part in a range of different creative activities including acting, voguing and costume design.
- Be part of developing a brand new piece of theatre.
- Perform on stage at the Young Vic in November
The Young Vic is proud to be a certified ‘See It Safely’ venue, in partnership with the Society of London Theatre and UK Theatre. This means we are compliant with UK Government guidelines, and that you can visit us with confidence.
We take the safety of all our participants and artists seriously and have a number of safety precautions in place that are specifically relevant to projects such as these.
You will be sent further information about these safety precautions before you attend your recruitment workshop.