We are looking for participants aged between 16 and 21 to collaborate with us on the creation of an interactive and immersive exhibition celebrating 25 years of Taking Part.
The participants will:
- Work alongside artists Myah Jeffers and QianEr Jin to create this exciting exhibition.
- Use photos, oral histories and other source material to understand the story of Young Vic’s role in its local community over the last 25 years.
- Learn about how to curate and exhibit archive material in order to tell real stories in a creative and engaging way.
- Be involved in the visual design process behind the exhibition.
Who is the Project For?
This project is perfect for you if any of the following applies to you:
- You’re interested and skilled in art and design.
- You love telling stories in interesting ways.
- You’re excited by stories of local history, community and the arts.
- You want to learn more about immersive exhibition making.
- You’re keen to be part of a project that allows you to follow your own interests and do some independent work, as well as group work.
We are looking for people who live or study in Southwark or Lambeth, and are aged between 16 and 21.
Fri 2 Sep, 5pm – 7pm
Information evening: come along to the Young Vic, meet the creative team and find out a bit more about the project.
Fri 9 Sep, 5pm – 8.30pm and Sat 10 Sep, 11am–5pm
Creation weekend 1: we kick the project off with two days during which we’ll learn about everyone’s interests and start generating creative ideas.
Thu 15 Sep, 6pm – 8pm (optional)
Drop-in session 1: the creative team will be at the Young Vic and available for you to continue developing your ideas with them.
Thu 22 Sep, 6pm – 8pm (optional)
Drop-in session 2: the creative team will be at the Young Vic and available for you to continue developing your ideas with them.
Fri 23 Sep, 5pm – 8.30pm and Sat 24 Sep, 11am–5pm
Creation weekend 2: these two days will be dedicated to honing our ideas and practically working towards our exhibition.
Thu 29 Sep, 6pm – 8pm (optional)
Drop-in session 3: the creative team will be at the Young Vic and available for you to continue developing your ideas with them.
Fri 30 Sep, 5 – 8.30pm and Sat 1 Oct, 11am–5pm
Creation weekend 3: our final creation week will be focused on putting the finishing touches to our exhibition.
Thu 6 Oct, 6pm – 8pm (optional)
Drop-in session 4: the creative team will be at the Young Vic and available for you to continue developing your work with them.
Mon 10 - Thu 13 Oct, midday – 8pm
Exhibition install: this week we will be transforming the Maria theatre into our exhibition space. You will not be required to be at the Young Vic every day, but we ask that participants are available all week to come and be part of this exciting process as much as possible.
Fri 14 Oct, 6pm – 10pm
Exhibition opening night and celebration: friends, family and colleagues will be invited to join us to celebrate our opening night.
Sat 15 - Fri 21 Oct, various times
Exhibition dates: the exhibition will be open at various times during this week. Participants will be encouraged to be present as much as possible, subject to your availability.
How Do I Apply?
Click the button below to complete a short form to express your interest in attending the information evening by 9am on Tue 30 Aug.
There are 10 participant places available. The places will be allocated after the information evening.