Ivanno Jeremiah plays Chancellor in The Convert which is currently running at the Young Vic until 26 Jan. We’ve posed him 11 Questions to find out more about him and his character:
1. What are you usually doing 10 minutes before the show begins?
Something physical for example a workout or yoga. Then I would hide in a dark, quiet spot for a bit.
2. What was it that first got you interested in theatre?
3. Can you describe your character in The Convert in three words?
Struggle, Lover and a man of faith.
4. What play or film have you seen recently that has had a lasting emotional effect on you and why?
I love what Charlie Brooker is doing with Black Mirror. The film Bird Box horrified me.
5. What language do you wish could speak? Or Do you speak any languages?
I speak fluent Acholi and currently working on my Shona.
6. What’s your favourite midnight snack?
I like to eat anything and everything.
7. Who do you think must see this show before it ends its run?
8. If your character had a catchphrase, what would it be?
Chancellor's catch phrase would be "Savages" and "Comes, comes".
9. What's the most memorable moment from working at the Young Vic?
The family unit - working with all the cast and creatives as a team.
10. Which country would you like to visit and why?
I would love to go to Zimbabwe to visit the ruins at Great Zimbabwe.
11. If you could be an animal for one day, which animal would you be?
A bird of pray because of the freedom.
The Convert is now playing at the Young Vic until January 26. Tickets are now sold out but returns may be available on the day of each performance. Speak to our Box Office for more information on 020 7922 2922.