Follow @YVTakingPart on Twitter for all the latest news.
Young Board and Leadership ProgrammeToggle
Introducing our new year-long opportunity, the Young Board and Leadership Programme, led by the brilliant producer, writer and social entrepreneur Tobi Kyeremateng.
This opportunity is perfect for anyone who wants to develop their leadership skills, enhance their confidence, and better understand how to affect the change they want to see in the world.
This year-long programme will:
- Give you the opportunity to learn from and work alongside a range of industry professionals throughout the year, including producers, Artistic Directors and inspirational sector leaders.
- Allow you to learn about what leadership is, and what it looks like in the creative industries.
- Create space for you to learn about yourself and develop new skills that will support you to thrive in all areas of your life.
- See you working on a collaborative project, devised and led by you, focussed around something that is important to you.
- Form an important collective of Young People who will inform what the Young Vic does, and help shape how we serve other young people in our local community.
To be eligible to apply you must be aged between 16 and 19 years, and living or studying in Lambeth or Southwark.
To express your interest in the Young Board and Leadership Programme, please complete this form by no later than 10am on Friday 22 January.
After submitting your form, you will be invited to one of two recruitment sessions in January. This session will give you the opportunity to find out a bit more about the programme and whether it is right for you.
We will let you know which recruitment session you should attend by Monday 18th January.
From the recruitment sessions, we will select 15 young people to continue on the programme with us. Please note, you must be able to attend all sessions.
Please note, the programme will start on Zoom, and transition to in-person sessions when possible.
Recruitment Session 1 - Monday 25th January, 5-7pm
Recruitment Session 2 - Tuesday 26th January, 5-7pm
Induction Day 1 - Monday 15th February, 11am-3pm (Half Term)
Induction Day 2 - Tuesday 16th February, 11am-3pm (Half Term)
Session 1 - Monday 15th March, 5-7pm
Session 2 - Monday 12th April, 11am-3pm (Easter Holidays)
Session 3 - Monday 17th May, 5-7pm
Session 4 - Monday 14th June, 5-7pm
Session 5 - Monday 12th July, 5-7pm
Session 6 - Monday 16th August, 11am-3pm (Summer Holidays)
Session 7 - Monday 13th September, 5-7pm
Session 8 - Monday 25th October, 11am – 3pm (Half Term)
Session 9 - Tuesday 26th October, 11am-3pm (Half Term)
Session 10 - Monday 15th November, 5-7pm
Session 11 - Monday 13th December, 5-7pm