We have been truly humbled by the support which has been shown to us since we closed, including those who have renewed, upgraded or joined our membership, and those who’ve generously donated the cost of their tickets to a cancelled show. It has made a very real impact to our staff and artists as we weather this period. Thank you.
The Young Vic has at its heart the mission of serving our community. Although we haven’t been able to share our productions with you at this time, these donations have ensured we can keep going and remain active for our community.
Here are just some of the things we’ve been up to since our closure:
Young Vic Directors Program
- Our Directors Program, which serves over 1,000 directors, designers and producers in the early stages of their career, is delivering its entire programme digitally
- Our Genesis Network, our national community of artists across the country from Plymouth to Newcastle, have been participating in free development workshops and weekly wellbeing classes, led by artists including Rachel Bagshaw, Sacha Wares and Elayce Ismail
- We are also offering weekly one-to-one support and advice sessions for members of the network, to help our artists navigate this incredibly challenging situation
Young Vic Taking Part
- Our Taking Part Department launched ‘Write From Home’, with nearly 80 people in Lambeth and Southwark participating in the month-long playwrighting programme. The weekly packs are delivered via email or post, and we’re being moved and inspired with the writing that’s been shared with us
- Our Neighbourhood Voices community continue with their free intensive playwrighting programme with workshops, feedback sessions and guest speaker events all delivered online. The course is aimed at first-time writers, emerging writers & those who didn't realise they were a writer and we can’t wait to see what they create
- Our year-long community project TWENTY TWENTY also continues. With our local partners Blackfriars Settlement, Certitude and Thames Reach, our artists have been working with our participants through videos and activities which focus on enhancing creative skills
- We’ve repurposed the Young Vic van and members of our staff are helping Blackfriars Settlement deliver hot food to those in the community who need it
Expect to hear more from us soon. But in the meantime, stay safe and well. We miss you!
- Kwame Kwei-Armah & the Young Vic team
You can also donate via text
Text 10YOUNGVIC to 70470 to donate £10
Text 20YOUNGVIC to 70470 to donate £20
UK networks only. Texts cost your donation amount plus one standard rate message
Donate in many currencies via Facebook (Gift Aid available in the UK)