Brand new for 2021, the Young Vic Young Leaders programme brings together ten brilliant young people from our local boroughs of Southwark and Lambeth. These Young Leaders are working with producer, writer and social entrepreneur Tobi Kyeremateng throughout 2021 to develop leadership skills, learn about leading in cultural industries, and have their say about how the Young Vic runs and what we offer for young people.
- Gives the Young Leaders the opportunity to learn from and work alongside a range of industry professionals throughout the year, including producers, Artistic Directors and sector leaders.
- Allows the Young Leaders to learn about what leadership is, and what it looks like in the creative industries.
- Creates space for the Young Leaders to learn about themselves and develop new skills that will support them to thrive in all areas of their life.
- Sees the Young Leaders working on a collaborative Change Project, devised and led by them, and responding to an area of the Young Vic’s work they would like to have an impact on.
- Is creating an important collective of Young People who inform what the Young Vic does, and help shape how we serve other young people in our local community.
For more information about the Young Leaders programme, please contact Lorna McGinty – participation@youngvic.